This is a full-time (37.5 hours pw) and permanent position. Typical hours are 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday, including an unpaid 30 minute break each day. Occasional evening and weekend working may be required. Some working from home is available by negotiation.
According to experience, the basic rate of pay is £20,000 – £24,000 per annum.
If you are an experienced HR professional, recently started a career in HR or have a strong administrative background with a desire to build a career in HR, this may be the ideal opportunity for you.
WHO ARE WE?
We are a good natured business who specialise in fresh and chilled food and drink. We are proud of our family heritage and have been nurturing and inspiring generations for 65 years. We are a passionate and dedicated team who strive to deliver a first class service to every customer, every time.
Our people are what make us special. We have ambitious plans and need enthusiastic individuals who will thrive on being a company ambassador and want to help us achieve our vision to ‘Take freshness further’. We offer jobs and careers filled with purpose.
IS THIS YOU?
We want people who are down to earth and with a good work ethic. To be part of our incredible team, you must:
- Take pride in all that you do.
- Carry out everything to the highest standard.
- Never compromise on safety.
- Be part of the wider team.
- Deliver phenomenal customer service.
- Do what’s required to get the job done.
You will also need:
- To have achieved/undertaking/willing to work towards a CIPD Certificate/Level 3 Foundation in People Practice or higher.
- At least 1 – 2 years’ experience in a HR related role and/or have a strong administration background.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to communicate with all levels of the business.
- To manage shifting priorities and work in a fast paced environment.
- To be highly organised with good attention to detail.
- To be a team player but equally comfortable working from own initiative.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Our team are at the heart of what we do, delivering thousands of fresh and chilled food and drink products to hundreds of customers across the Highlands, every day. We want you to be comfortable using your own initiative and enjoy working within our awesome team.
This role will consist of:
- To manage recruitment administration eg creating job adverts, collating applications, organising interviews and notifying successful and unsuccessful applicants.
- To support managers with the recruitment and selection process and attend interviews as and when required.
- To ensure all new starters have the right to work in the UK prior to their employment commencing.
- To manage the new starter process, including the preparation of contracts, coordinating onboarding and training and all related administration.
- To introduce and administer a robust off boarding process and support managers with its implementation and use, including Exit Interviews.
- To administer and liaise with managers on various processes to ensure that all milestones are adhered to, eg probationary reviews, sickness absence management and appraisals.
- To provide Payroll with relevant employee information as required eg starters, leavers, changes to pay and working arrangements.
- To prepare all Employee Relations documentation in conjunction with managers, ensuring all legal requirements are met.
- To advise, support and coach managers through informal and formal Employee Relations matters, ensuring the effective use of HR policies and procedures, including but not limited to, disciplinaries, grievances, absence management, appeals, whistleblowing, performance management and family friendly policies.
- To act as the notetaker during informal meeting and formal hearings, as and when required.
- To ensure HR and employment law knowledge is up to date and advice given is in line with the law and best practice.
- To ensure all Employee Relations cases are actioned in a timely manner and without unreasonable delay.
- To support and lead on HR change initiatives, as required.
- To implement and update a HR KPI Dashboard.
- To administer and analyse the annual Employee Survey.
- To undertake any other duties we may reasonably require of you.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- 20% discount on our food and drink.
- Fair pay for a fair days work.
- Full training and development (inc. professional HR support).
- Career progression opportunities.
- Free parking.
- Company pension scheme.
- Take time to chill with 5.6 weeks annual holiday.
- The comfort and warmth of a family business.
WANT TO APPLY?
Are we a good fit for you?
Yes! Please get in touch for a friendly chat or send a covering letter and an up to date CV to Natalie Perks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
27th July 2022
Applications received after this date may not be considered.
We strive to be representative of the community in which we serve and know that diverse talent makes a better team. We ensure our recruitment practices are fair and equal and that opportunities are open to all, regardless of gender, background or identity.