Night Shift Supervisor
WHO ARE WE?
We are good natured business who specialise in fresh and chilled food and drink. We are proud of our family heritage and have been nurturing and inspiring generations for 65 years. We are a passionate and dedicated team who strive to deliver a first class service to every customer, every time.
Our people are what make us special. We have ambitious plans and need enthusiastic individuals who will thrive on being a company ambassador and want to help us achieve our vision to ‘Take freshness further’. We offer jobs and careers filled with purpose.
The working arrangement will be 11pm – 6am, 5 – 6 nights per week (the number of shifts will vary during peak and off peak periods) and will include Sunday – Friday working.
IS THIS YOU?
We want people who are down to earth and with a good work ethic. To be part of our incredible team, you must:
- Take pride in all that you do.
- Carryout everything to the highest standard.
- Never compromise on safety.
- Be part of the wider team.
- Deliver phenomenal customer service.
- Do what’s required to get the job done.
You will also need:
- 2 years warehouse/distribution experience.
- Supervisory experience (desirable but not essential)
- Good IT skills.
- Ideally have a Fork Lift Truck licence. If you aren’t qualified, full training will be provided.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- To be proactive and an ability to plan.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Our team are at the heart of what we do, delivering thousands of fresh and chilled produce to hundreds of customers across the Highlands, every day. We want you to be comfortable using your own initiative and enjoy working within our awesome team.
This role will be responsible for the effective operation of the night shift including; management of staff, compliance with health and safety obligations, order processing, security of premises and produce, loading management and allocation of delivery vehicles. In addition, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring night shift personnel are working efficiently, effectively and consistently adhere to timekeeping and other internal stipulations.
- Encouraging and maintaining effective teamwork between night shift personnel when they are required to work in groups.
- Monitoring the performance of groups and individuals plus conducting employee appraisals or implementing first level disciplinary actions as necessary.
- Ensuring continual awareness and conformance with all internal company procedures and parameters including those for the control, rotation and movements of stock.
- Ensuring all orders processed are picked, packed and loaded on to respective vehicles as accurately, competently and as quickly as possible.
- Ensuring customers receive their requested products at the appropriate time and in an acceptable condition.
- Establishing and maintaining a sustainable relationship with night shift personnel through effective internal communications, dissemination of relevant information and providing them with appropriate guidance and support.
- Identifying areas of concern in internal operations and opportunities for improvement in all night shift activities you are responsible for.
- Acting as a nominated “keyholder” on the shift with responsibility for security of the premises, produce and vehicles during the shift.
- Visually check all vehicles during the shift to ensure they remain roadworthy, legally compliant and are not overloaded and are allocated appropriately to the volume of deliveries on respective runs.
- Producing relevant statistical information on stock levels and other pertinent information for referral to various other Managers.
- To carry out all other reasonable instructions emanating from the General Manager or other Senior Managers.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- 20% discount on our food, drink and goods via staff account.
- Fair pay for a fair day’s work.
- Full training and development.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Free parking.
- Company pension scheme.
- Take time to chill with 5.6 weeks annual holiday.
- The comfort and warmth of a family business.
WANT TO APPLY?
Are we a good fit for you?
Yes! Please get in touch for a friendly chat or send a covering letter and an up to date CV to email@example.com.
31st May 2022
Applications received after this date may not be considered.
We strive to be representative of the community in which we serve and know that diverse talent makes a better team. We ensure our recruitment practices are fair and equal and that opportunities are open to all, regardless of gender, background or identity.